One of these is not like the others:
- Captivating white-sand beaches.
- A cool breeze blowing across crystal clear water reflecting a cloudless blue sky above.
- Scuba diving off a charted boat.
- Sunbathing on the deck of a cruise ship.
- Driving in the New Jersey rain in a 1997 Camry with a malfunctioning passenger side door.
I have Spring Break this week - this week being half over. The prevailing thought has been, "I'm wasting my Spring Break. I'm not on a beach or a cruise ship or doing something fun and exotic. And when I go back to school I'll officially have the most boring Spring Break story to tell - no story at all."
I thought:
- a week without warm-weathered fun is a wasted week
- a week without exotic travel is a wasted week
- a week without adventure and exploration is a wasted week
But tonight I realized:
- A week without Worship is a wasted week.
So as I drove in the New Jersey rain in a 1997 Camry, I sang...
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment