It was a trip to hear people talk about 8-Mile. The real 8-Mile Road in Detroit.
Went to Salvation Army of Eastern Michigan Board of Directors meeting last week. It's part of my Board Fellowship (through Ross aka University of Michigan Business School).
I admit - I had a bit of a hard time accepting that I was coming to Ann Arbor (say, versus NYC, LA, Chicago, Bay Area, Boston, etc. Probably better than New Haven though. Oh..and Princeton, not being a real university, has no business school...or med school...or law school...)
Anyway, I believe part of the reason God had me come to Detroit Area was to demonstrate through my (often inadequate) life, that He is God of that City. That despite the dilapidation and deterioration of Detroit, God is the sovereign, compassionate, active, working, saving God of Detroit.
So help me God.
.....
And God help me on this Statistics final in 6 hours. (8am-2am = 6am) Yes.
......
Using the TI-83 again - it's like riding a bicycle, one never forgets...my fingers just know where to go instinctively. (2nd --> ANS baby)
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment